Address: Data Controller, The Living Rooms, Church Street, Inverbervie, Montrose, Angus, DD10 0RU
Phone: 01561 362953
The Living Rooms is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is processed in accordance with the new GDPR.
This will strengthen your rights and give you control over the personal information that we hold about you.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you regularly attend Church Events, make a gift aided donation, work for, or volunteer to help in the variety of ministries in which the charity is involved.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT includes
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth.
- Contact details including address, postcode, email and phone number.
- Financial information such as your bank details.
- Whether you are a UK tax payer.
- Volunteer references.
- Child Protection data.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect information from you for the efficient running of the charity and to meet UK and EU legislation requirements. We also send you notifications of services and events which take place at The Living Rooms or in other venues by third party organisations.
- To process donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations.
From time to time we may wish to share news about what is happening at The Living Rooms e.g. sending you information about our work, news, events, and prayer requests.
Email and text contact: We will ask for your permission to contact you by email and text.
Postal contact: From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post.
Telephone contact: On very rare occasions we may call to update you on the work we are doing. If your number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only call you if you have given us permission to do so.
The Living Rooms is committed to respecting your choice about how we contact you. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by calling 01561 362953, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
The Living Rooms is a stand-alone Charity and Church and we commit not to share your information with any third-party organisation.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
The Living Rooms will only keep your personal data securely for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements.
YOUR INFORMATION, RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information The Living Rooms holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by The Living Rooms.
- To request The Living Rooms to stop using your personal information for contact purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
REPORTING CONCERNS OR COMPLIMENTS
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about The Living Rooms handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about how we manage your data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
A copy of our privacy notice can be viewed and downloaded as a pdf here.